The Intermission x Balice Hertling
Camille Blatrix / in the attic
The Intermission and Balice Hertling present Camille Blatrix’s first solo show in Greece.
– There is a mouse in the attic
– Are you sure? Can’t see anything from here.
– I don’t know, but I saw two eyes and a blue light.
– Ah that’s probably just the person living in the attic.
– There is someone living in the attic?
– I don’t know but I saw two eyes and a blue light
– Is he sleeping?
– Who? The mouse or the person in the attic?
– The baby
– Ah yes, it’s all safe.
– The light of the fridge is lighten the room, good night earth.
Camille Blatrix (France, 1984) lives and works in Paris. He works with sculpture and installation that combine craftsmanship and technology, analyzing the complexity of the relationship of the human being and modern times.
Blatrix graduated from Ecole nationale superieure des beaux-arts de Paris. His work has been recently exhibited in solo shows at Synagogue de Delme in 2021, Delme; Kunsthalle Basel, Basel in 2020; La Verriere Hermes, Brussels and Lafayette Anticipation, Paris in 2019; Kunstverein, Braunschweig, Braunschweig in 2018; Balice Hertling, Paris and Bad Reputation, Los Angeles in 2017. Recent duo and solo shows include Stuart Shave – Modern Art, London in 2021; Kunstmuseum St. Gallen in 2020; Fri Art Kunsthalle, Fribourg in 2019; Musee d’art moderne de la ville de Paris, Hessel Museum of Art and at CCS Bard Galleries, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York and Palais de Tokyo, Paris in 2018. In 2014 Blatrix received the Pernod Ricard Foundation Prize.
His work is now part of the collections of Fondation d’entreprise Galeries Lafayette (Paris, France), Fondazione Memmo (Rome, Italy), FRAC Ile de France, (Paris, France), Musee national d’art moderne, Centre Georges-Pompidou, (Paris, France) and Pinault Collection, (Paris, France and Venice, Italy).